Surgeries Provided by Our Doctors
We're dedicated to meeting our patients' needs in any way possible. Our team is trained and highly capable of providing many different soft tissue surgeries, such as:
- Spaying and neutering
- Mass removal (tumors, cysts, skin growths, etc.)
- Eye surgeries to repair cornea, correct eyelid abnormalities and improve vision
- Ear surgeries to increase airflow into the ear canal and prevent infections
- Wound cleaning and suturing
- Foreign body removal
- ...and more
Making Surgery Safer for Pets
Anesthesia has certain risks, but we make sure your pet is healthy before taking the next step.
- A physical exam and blood testing will show us if there are any underlying issues and help us evaluate potential safety risks.
- If your pet checks out healthy, we'll move forward to determine the proper anesthesia protocols and administer pain relief medication to ensure greater comfort during and after surgery.
- We place an IV catheter to give fluids during surgery; this offers essential hydration, organ support, and maintains blood pressure.
- While under anesthesia, your pet's body temperature will naturally begin to decrease. To keep their temperature up, we use hot water bottles, warm blankets, and other safe methods.
Each doctor is accompanied by a skilled veterinary nurse who stays by your pet's side to monitor their vital signs. This includes:
- Blood pressure
- Blood oxygen concentration
- Heart rate
- Respiratory rate
- Pulse oximetry
Helping Your Pet Through Their Recovery
It is normal for pets to be groggy and disoriented after their surgery. However, you or a trusted family member needs to be with them to make sure they're eating, drinking, and moving around comfortably. Keeping incision sites clean and dry will prevent inflammation and infection, which can slow your pet's recovery and make it much more difficult overall.
You can expect to receive instructions from your veterinarian to help you with at-home care. We also expect to hear from you if your pet is not healing properly or is showing unusual behaviors. Please call (239) 778-9777 to speak with our team!